Charlotte City Council Member elected from District 5.
John seeks your support for election to NC House District 100.
Early Voting Oct. 27 thru Nov. 5
Election Day November 8th, 2016
1. Local Government – I will work to increase the sanctity of municipal government. Government is best when it’s closest to the people. Too many current representatives have no local government experience. I hope to bring my experience to the General Assembly as someone who has had to react to detrimental action from the NCGA.
2. As your representative, I will work hard every day for our teachers and for our children
In short, I will work to restore our public education system—and to our valuable educators—the resources, support and respect they deserve.
3. I will work to expand Medicaid in North Carolina. Currently more than 400,000 citizens are without adequate healthcare. It is unconscionable that North Carolinians are seeing their Federal tax dollars subsidizing Health Care in other states.
John in the community
• Board of Directors of Neighborhood Association for 18 years
• Co-sponsor of Civil Rights Restoration/Anti-Profiling Ordinance
• Chairman of Council Environment Committee
• Advocate for higher wages for city employees
• Secured a unanimous vote from Council to purchase Eastland
• Working to complete redevelopment plan for Eastland
• Worked with Fox Hollow to remove a group home for former sex offenders from single family neighborhood
• Committed to community safety - Meet regularly with CMPD Division Captains
• Elected to 3 terms to Charlotte City Council from District 5
• Southern Piedmont Central Labor Council
• Sierra Club of North Carolina
• Charlotte Fire Fighters Association
• Black Political Caucus of Charlotte Mecklenburg
• Reverend Greg Moss
• Council Member James Mitchell
A native Tar Heel born and raised in Fayetteville. Father of four with 3 grandchildren. Married to Rebecca Wyndham. An East Charlotte resident since 1992. US Navy veteran and neighborhood organizer working for a better North Carolina for Everyone.
We'd love for you to join us
Campaigns need human capitol. People are the life blood of campaigns. Won't you step up and help John keep East Charlotte moving forward? Contact us today.
Won't you help with our campaign?
John wants to represent you in the North Carolina House of Representatives. But he can't do it without your help. Contribute today to help make sure he has the tools he needs moving forward. Make a contribution today using ActBlue.
Or, make your check out to John Autry Campaign and mail it to:
John Autry Campaign Committee
PO Box 189113
Charlotte, NC 28218
Download the contribution form below fill it out and mail with your check.
Thank you for supporting
John Autry for NC House District 100